Thursday, July 5, 2012

obligatory 4th of july post...

Okay, so let me start out by saying I'm not a big fan of holidays or days of celebration.  I do, however, like the 4th of July.  I like this holiday because, no matter what, every year, watching those fireworks makes me feel like a kid again.  The awe and wonder of watching those explosions in the sky just makes it all so fun.
This year, my friends and I went out to Kaboomtown in Addison, TX.  If you're not familiar, google it.  Here are the latest honors I've pulled from their website:


After having gone out there this year, I wonder what the #1-9 fireworks shows were like this year because this one was pretty stellar!
Here are some of my kid-like photo snaps:






The best part of the show, though? You're probably thinking I'm going to say the "Grand Finale," right?

NOPE!

The best part was BEFORE the show even started!  They had planes flying overhead and doing flips and turns above us!  It was awesome.  And not to leave the pilots out of the fireworks fun, they did THIS:


Yep, if you can't tell, that's a plane shooting off fireworks mid-air!

That one was a real crowd pleaser :)

KABLOWY!

the craft rookie

No comments:

Post a Comment