Sunday, November 18, 2012

well hello there...

Okay, so there has been a lot of things that have happened in the past few months that I need to write about - things that have been happening at school and at home. At school, I have been trying out a new style of classroom for my Instructional Technology Support person (she is the staff member who pushes technology integration into our classrooms). This new project has had my head spinning with nerves and excitement and anxiety and anticipation (while those may seem the same...they are totally not for this girl)! So far, it has been about 95% successful, so I'm still working on a few tweaks here and there. I intend on posting about it soon :)

The MOST important thing that I want to share with you all is that I got a new puppy :)

Her name is "Roo" as in KangaROO and she's an Australian Sheperd that is about 6 months old.  I don't know her exact birthday but I got her on November 9, so it's been exactly 9 days since she came home with me :)

Here's my attempt at getting a photo of me and Roo...and since it's just us with a computer to take a picture for us, this was fun...haha

 My first attempt...Roo looks great. I look like I was caught off guard by the 3,2,1countdown my computer gave me.  Is it evident I didn't get a lot of sleep last night??

 The 2nd attempt. I'm paying attention, but now Roo isn't!  She'd rather attempt to sneak a kiss...

 I decided to switch to just a picture of Roo because clearly getting one of the 2 of us was NOT an option!  So...here she is, looking at me instead of the camera...

 Now she'd rather play with her toy...

And, this is when I officially gave up!  

So, there's Roo. 

We worked really hard yesterday and today and learned 5 new "tricks" or "commands." She already knew how to sit, and now she knows how to lay down, sit up, shake, give high 5, and stay.  She HATED stay when we first started working on it...and she still does, but at least she listens!  

We are still working on getting housebroken.  She's totally crate trained, but the second I let her out of the crate, I really have to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't have an accident in the house.

Learning a puppy level of patience,

the craft rookie

No comments:

Post a Comment