Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Geometry Lines Song :)

Hello, again!  Today's post is about a little song I dreamed up for my students to remember the difference between Parallel, Perpendicular, and Intersecting Lines during our Geometry Unit.  

I love, love, LOVE singing songs to help kids learn because that is how some of my favorite teachers taught me when I was growing up.  It says a lot that kids can remember the lyrics to every song on a band or singers album but struggle to remember the meaning of vocabulary words in school.  We learn better when there's a rhythm and rhyme to things :)  

I'll be sharing some of the songs my teachers taught me in the coming months.  There are 2 that I learned in 4th and 6th grade that I still know and recite to this day.  So, you know they're catchy!

Anywhoo...here's a few pictures of the posters I created for the song:


 



You can click here to find this and other things I've created in my TpT store, Cove's Corner.

OR

You can click any of the images above or here to be taken directly to this FREE product at my
TpT store!


happy day!

sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment