Friday, November 25, 2011

A Black Friday Thanksgiving!


Well, the day finally came for our family to celebrate Thanksgiving!  I didn't take too many photos, but I promise you, it was a rip-roarin' good time! 

My brother, Jon, and his wife, Melissa, hosted the event at their house, and it was a Potluck-style event!  I think about 15 people came, and, with everyone bringing a different food item, let's just say I didn't stick to my determination of not overeating this year :-/.  

Here's Jon carvin' the Turkey.  For a not-much-meat eater, like myself, this was pretty delicious.  I only had 2 bites of it, but those 2 bites were pretty savory!


Here is part of the food spread before all of it got set out. 


 The pies (and part of the Puppy Chow/Muddy Buddies I made and brought over - in the corner on the left...by the Remote Control...)


One thing I haven't mentioned yet is that my brother and sister-in-law are having a baby - arriving in the Spring :) 

Here's some photos of the day they announced the news to our family this past August:


That's Jon, Melissa, and Melissa's son, Jamison.  He's 6, and ridiculously adorable. 


This was the way that they announced!  It's a cupcake-cake.  After dinner was over, they set this out on the counter in the kitchen and just waited for people to discover it. Melissa's mom saw it first, and she started asking, "Is this real? Is this real?!" It was awesome!

About a month ago, they got the official confirmation that they are having a GIRL! You know what that means!!! Yep, another niece for me :)


They sent this to the family in a text message :)

So, I give all of this back-story to fill you in on the big exciting news from our Thanksgiving celebration.  Jon & Melissa announced the name they've picked for the baby, and it's a stinkin' cute name, too!

Melissa asked me about a week ago if I could create a cute way for them to announce the baby name. This summer, I had made these signs for our classrooms with our names on them "Mrs. Covin" for her and "Ms. Covin" for me.  She asked if I could do something similar with the colors of the baby room incorporated somehow (pink, green, and white).
What did I say?  OF COURSE! YES! SIGN ME UP!

So, off to the store I went :)

And, here's what I came up with:


The baby's name is going to be Caylin Scarlett.

Didn't I tell you it was stinking cute?!?

Happy Black-Friday Thanksgiving!

Love,

the craft rookie


No comments:

Post a Comment