Wednesday, November 30, 2011

this week...


...has been rough.

What a whip to come back from Thanksgiving Break!  My brain is still thinking is Turkey Time, and I just want to sleep some more!

Should I feel bad that I'm starting my countdown to Winter Holiday now?  Only 15 more school days to go!


Speaking of school...


We had a baby shower at my school today for a couple of the ladies that are with child :)!  I swear, babies are all around me - first my sister, then my brother and his wife, and now my co-workers! So exciting for them, though!  Both ladies are having little girls, and we had fun discussions about bows and how easy they are to make (thank you Thanksgiving craft day)!


Anyways, I bring up the shower because we had to bring different food items for everyone to snack on.  I got ZERO pictures of the food because I'm not a photo person - a skill I am quickly realizing I need to work on because of this here blog.

A few of my team members brought these really delicious dips - I think the hit of the day was Mr. Smith's 7 Layer Dip.  It was DELICIOUS!  He had refried beans, sour gream, quacamole, diced tomatoes, and bell peppers (I think) in it.  Needless to say, it was gone almost as soon as it was put on the table!

I was able to bring a recipe that my mom usually makes for get togethers with family and friends.  Every time I've seen her make this delicious treat, everyone wants the recipe.  So, here it is:

Cucumber Dill Sandwiches
2 pkgs of Cream Cheese (8 oz each) [I use Reduced Fat]
A few "dollops" of Mayonnaise [Again, you can go healthy here, too and get the Lighter versions]
1 pkg of Dry Italian Mix
3 large cucumbers
1 can of Dill Weed for seasoning
2 boxes of Melba Toast (any flavor)

In a Medium bowl, combine the Cream Cheese and Dry Italian Mix.  This will be tough to stir, so, slowly add 1 dollop of Mayonnaise and stir until the mix becomes "spreadable." If it's still tough, you can add another half spoon of the mayo. I don't add more than a spoon and a half of it.

Set the bowl aside and cut up the cucumbers into slices.

Spread some of the Cream Cheese mix on a piece of Melba toast. Put a cucumber slice on top of the spread, and sprinkle some Dill Weed on top of that.  Enjoy!

Note:  You can use any kind of cracker that you like.  I've even seen my mom use Rye Bread and Whole Wheat Bread - as long as it is a little more tough than your average loaf of bread.  

When I made it today, I had about 10 of my co-workers ask me for the recipe.  It is very light and just makes people want to come back for more!  SO GOOD! You can thank my momma for this contribution :)

Elf On a Shelf Update
Photos to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment