Tuesday, December 20, 2011

1 more day

Can I make it? Only 1 more day til Christmas Break. Really, it's a 1/2 day; and, it's Elementary School, so it's a Class Party Day.  Can I survive the Class Party? Oh, Lawd, I hope so!

These past 2 days have brought new challenges in my experience as a teacher.  I would be happy to say, "Adios" to this week and never see it again. I'm just ready for a break - sleeping in, crafting again, sleeping some more, working out, sleeping, cooking good food, getting organized.  Oh, the list goes on!

While I say that this week has been rough, there have also been some really cute things happening, too.  The Pre-K students put together a "Polar Express" Parade around the halls of the school.  All of the students sat along the hallway to cheer on the little cabooses!  While I can't post photos of the students, I CAN post a picture of the staff members that started the train.

All Aboard!!!



These ladies (our front office staff) were the beginning of the line.  The sign they carried says "The Polar Express," and they carried sleigh bells and tinsel. It was really fun!



 This is one of the Pre-K Teaching Aides.  She was the Engine that pulled the Parade along!  As you can tell, she really got into it!









My students, even as 4th Graders, LOVED the parade! They thought the Pre-K kids were so cute, and even though those little babies were terrified of my little monsters, they seemed to at least like that my students were clapping for them and cheering them along (phew).

Okay, now back to dreaming of my holiday...

I'm also excited about break because I get to go on a ride-a-long with a friend of mine who is a cop. This is something I've wanted to do for a while, but I never got around to asking if I could tag along.  I'll let you know how that goes :)

Hoping to see someone get arrested,

the craft rookie

No comments:

Post a Comment